I grew flowers in the garden last season with the goal in mind to dry them and use them in flower arrangements. I scanned many catalogs and online references looking for the right flowers to grow. I succeeded with some and didn’t with others. The flowers that I found really easy to grow, dry and arrange were Globe Amaranth, Yarrow, Autumn Joy Sedum, Statice, Strawflowers and Zinnia. There were a few others like baby’s breath, larkspur and blanket flowers that also worked but I didn’t end up with alot of them. I bundled up all my dried flowers and took them down south with me this weekend to create some arrangements for the home there. Most if not all of these flowers were air dried (hung upside down secured with a rubber band). I am happy with the results and will grow more of these this year along with others ….
Dried Globe Amaranth … a bundle of flowers and then the wreath that was created
I will add some more design to the wreath but for the most part the flowers do most of the work in a design and everything came out pretty good I think…….finally!